Fabspeed is proud to present our newly developed Porsche 986 Boxster Competition Air Intake! We’ve put many dyno hours on it and it makes some solid HP over the factory unit. On a 2002 Boxster S it picked up peak gains of 12whp and 8 ft-lbs torque and curve gains of +22 whp and 16ft-lbs torque at 7000rpm. At just under $500, this is excellent bang for your buck.
Right now it fits 2000-2004. For 97-99 models it fits just as well, but there are a couple pieces of the stock intake tube that need to be blocked off, and we haven’t been able to get a car in to R&D those block off plates. If anyone lives in the Philadelphia area, or wants to ship us their intake tube, we could arrange a sweet discount on a new Fabspeed Competition Air intake as compensation.
This cold air intake system vastly improves power throughout the rev range and adds a sporty intake growl to the engine note. Constructed with aircraft grade 5052 Aluminum for strength and durability. The Aluminum heat shield keeps out hot engine bay air, reducing intake temps on track and on the street. The conical air filter increases the filtration surface area improving flow over the factory panel air filter.
- Fits Porsche 986 Boxster vehicles 1997-2004 (please inquire about 1997-1999 fitment)
- Dyno proven peak gains of 12whp and 8 ft-lbs torque
- Curve gains of 22whp and 16ft-lbs torque at 7000rpm
- Uses dry-style filters that do not require oiling; simply lightly wash down with warm water and re-use
- Will not foul mass air flow sensor
- CAD designed for maximum air flow
- Direct bolt-on replacement for the factory air box
- All Fabspeed performance products are backed by the Fabspeed Lifetime Warranty