Significantly improves cold air induction into the engine and vastly improves power and sports car sound throughout the rev range. Constructed with genuine carbon fiber for strength, durability, and maximum flow and performance. Used by professional Grand Am, KONI Race Teams, but also works great for street car enthusiasts.
- Fits all Porsche 997 Carrera vehicles 2005-2008
- Improves power by 19 whp and 21 ft-lbs of torque at 7000rpm
- Uses dry-style filters that do not require oiling; simply wash down with warm water and re-use
- Intake constructed from genuine carbon fiber
- Can't foul mass air flow sensors
- CAD designed for maximum air flow
- Direct bolt-on replacement for the factory air box
- All Fabspeed performance products are backed by the Fabspeed Lifetime Limited Warranty
NOTE: Optional GT3 Throttle Body Adapter only required for vehicles that have been upgraded to the 997 GT3 82mm Throttle Body.
Intake Looks & Sounds great
Posted by Unknown on 24th May 2018
Installed Fabspeed intake on a 997. Installation was easy and looks and sounds great.
Posted by 997 C4S on 6th Nov 2017
The quality of this product is good craftsmanship, worth what you paying for.
finally this weekend I managed to install the air intake
Posted by Patrick on 10th May 2017
Definitively a noticeable change, not so much in low revs, but around 4500 rpm and up, when accelerating the sound is more ... how to explain this ? In music terms I would say it has more "bass" . As a test, I didn't tell my son anything about the Fabspeed intake, and he didn't know it was installed, but as soon as we hit the road and I accelerated, he immediately noticed something was different and he prefers the new sound.
Power increase :
As I didn't go through the trouble to dyno the car before/after, I can't comment on this HP or TQ gain, but I'll take your word for it :-)
After all, a 997.2 4S has 385 HP with 420 Nm, so a +16 WHP represents a 4% increase. Although impressive in numbers, with sport mode or sport+ mode on, it would be very difficult to feel the difference.
Overall comment :
Sound is definitively more aggressive in high RPM, performance probably a bit better and the air intake certainly looks fantastic when I open the engine cover !!!