Designed for racing, track events and off-road use, Fabspeed's Long Tube Race Headers are designed to maximize the horsepower and torque bolt-on potential of the Porsche 997 and 997.2 GT3 engine by increasing exhaust flow from the engine cylinders straight into the exhaust system. This system was designed, incrementally dyno developed and maximizes engine power all throughout the powerband.
Just like our Long Tube Race Headers for the 991.1 and 997.2 GT3, there is no better designed and engineered race header system for the Porsche 997 and 997.2 GT3 available worldwide. All Fabspeed Motorsport Long Tube Race Headers are developed in conjunction with the racing engineers at Burns Stainless LLC Costa Mesa California. Burns Stainless is a World leader and innovator in stainless steel header design, testing and building high velocity merge collectors.
BURNS STAINLESS COLLECTORS: Bringing our headers to an end are Burns Stainless Collectors which combine high flow and high velocity to increase and broaden an engine's torque curve. Our decision to utilize Burns Stainless slip on collectors was easy, their superior design and Burns stainless unparalleled 30 years of proven performance in Worldwide motorsport competition.
- GT3 header system was engineered with Burns stainless proprietary X-design parametric engine/ exhaust design computer program
- Completely hand finished inside for proper flow and maximum power gains
- Motorsport proven and adopted by NASCAR engine builders along with world championships in Indycar Racing, Formula Atlantic, ALMS, FIA-GT, and Grand Am. Burns stainless is the very best!
- Fits all Porsche 997 / 997.2 GT3 / GT3 RS vehicles world wide (2006-2011)
- Increases throttle response and dramatically improves sports car sound
- CAD designed and incrementally Dynojet developed and tested for maximum performance gains
- Simple bolt-on installation; easily removable and replaceable for emissions testing
- Constructed from T304 stainless steel C.N.C. mandrel-bent tubing from our in-house Unison mandrel bender.
- Hand TIG welded and backpurged by skilled Fabspeed craftsmen with over 100 years combined experience.
- All Fabspeed performance products are backed by the Fabspeed Lifetime Warranty
INSTALLATION NOTE: To ensure proper header seal, after initial heat cycle, tighten all exhaust bolts to the OEM torque specs.
DISCLAIMER: This product removes the OEM catalytic converters from the vehicle, and as such, is strictly intended for closed track events and off-road use only. This product is or contains a Racing Cat Bypass Pipe, which will give you check engine lights on OBD2 cars. We suggest pairing this product with racing software to prevent fault codes and check engine lights. Racing Cat Bypass Pipes are solely intended for track and race cars as they are NOT California Air Resources Board Certified and not EPA certified. You are hereby informed and warned to check your local, state, and federals laws before buying and installing these or any aftermarket parts to be sure whether usage is in violation. All installation-risk and use-risk is borne by the end-user and installer of these parts.