Improves exhaust tone and saves weight by replacing the factory center muffler with a lightweight x-pipe.
The 997.2 Carrera Center Muffler Bypass X-Pipe makes a great compliment to either the factory side mufflers or to Fabspeed's Maxflo Performance Side Exhaust System.
Without PSE: A subtle improvement, with a throatier, deeper exhaust note. A perfect first exhaust upgrade for your Carrera. Combine with our Maxflow Performance Side Exhaust System for the perfect level of volume and a refined sports car sound.
With PSE: A great delta between valves closed and open. With valves open and the side mufflers allowed to channel through the free flowing CMBP, the exhaust offers a race like, brilliant exhaust note. Very aggressive, noticeable burbles and crackles. With valves closed, return to a refined, non droning civil level of exhaust tone.
- Fits all Porsche 997.2 Carrera vehicles 2009-2011
- Improves horsepower and torque by 12 whp and 15 ft-lbs
- Saves 5 lbs. versus the factory center muffler
- Constructed from high-quality .065" thick C.N.C. mandrel-bent T304L stainless steel for optimum flow and maximum durability
- Direct bolt-on replacement for the factory center muffler
- Backed by the Fabspeed Lifetime Limited Warranty
Porsche 997-2 x pipe (center muffler delete
Posted by Ken Hofmann on 16th Feb 2018
Clean. installation and improved Porsche sound. No longer sounds like Prius
Great Upgrade with Competition Intake
Posted by Lou S. on 25th Oct 2017
Added the X bypass to the Competition Intake. Again extremely happy. Great sound with valves open. Also an additional bit of power too! Price to performance ratio is great!
Fabspeed x-pipes installation
Posted by Raphael on 5th Jan 2017
1) I was afraid adding the x-pipes to 2" pipes gundo hack would sound too loud. But no, I would say the volume in a scale from 1 to 10 went from 6 with gundo to 7-8 with gundo + x-pipes.
2) Firing it up and giving some gas I immediately noted the sound is now more refined/tuned, kind of European style but not like f-cars or lambos (which IMO would sound odd). Just the perfect sound for a Porsche.
3) First ride and, besides the tuned tone and a little more burbling, not much difference in volume below 3k RPM.
4) Now... above 3k RPM the thing comes alive. A kind of metallic/raspy sound I dare to say sounds similar than the 991 GT3. When switching gears (specially from 2-3 and 3-4) the sound is just... intoxicating!
5) I noticed more burbling when taking foot off the throttle.
6) No droning, no vibrations.
muffler bypass pipe
Posted by robert on 10th Sep 2016
the product is first rate in quality, fit and finish.
I expect as much 1: because it is from Fabspeed
figured it out ok, but simple instructions would be welcome.
the little tabs welded to the pipe (I guess) hang from the car heat shield? I will need to rehang for this reason, otherwise nice!
Posted by KB NYC on 27th Apr 2016
Installed on a 2011 911 S
Installed w Maxflo Side Exhaust and Carbon Air Intake
Sound and Performance Immediately Enhanced
Kudos to Travis for his expert Advice!
I'll be back for the Headers!
Added low end torque
Posted by C Long on 28th Mar 2016
997.2 S with pdk. Installed myself in about 4 hours. Very well constructed and everything needed to install was included, although the Fabspeed guys could have thrown in a nice Fabspeed window sticker to display on my ride. Fit perfectly! Bolts coming off of the catalytic converter I left in place rather than remove the headers and press them out. I then ground off the spacer attached to the side exhaust support bracket which attaches to the top two three bolt flange.
Virtually no sound difference from inside the cabin. No droning or resonating either. Biggest difference is that it eliminated the slight shutter the car used to experience from a standing start when not in Sport or Sport Plus mode!!!
Posted by Drew on 5th Jan 2016
Thanks guy's. I had your exhaust on my 76 930 and it was awesome. Now on my 2010 997 Carrera have your X-pipe. It's perfect not to loud,no drone, but sounds mean the way it should. Awesome.
This is the sound I was looking for!
Posted by Danilo Novelli on 19th Dec 2015
997.2 S PDK with PSE. Was looking for a more aggressive deep growl. The PSE sound is good - btw I installed only the PSE cans without the button so it is always in open position, who needs a silent 911!!! Tried the under and over center muffler replacement and sound was too high pitch. Did not sound properly. The x pipe is the way to go. This is the sound I was looking for! As for performance, only a dyno could tell I guess.
Center muffler bypass X-Pipe and new Pilot SS all the way around
Posted by Unknown on 17th Nov 2015
I just wanted to drop you a note. The new tires are great. Much better than the PS2's. The x-pipe is fantastic, fairly quiet without the sport button. Then opens up nicely when the button is pushed. You guys are an A-1 operation.
So much better than the boring standard stuff.
Posted by Chris C. on 13th Nov 2015
You guys were terrific yesterday. I love the exhaust sound, it defines the car as is so much better than the boring standard stuff.
The Fabspeed operation and people are testimonial to the brand Joe and you guys have built over the years.
Please tell John, Megan, Peter and Rocco how pleased I am. I think I was smiling all the way back to RI!