High-performance X-Pipe replaces the OEM catalytic converters with 200-cell HJS Sport Cats for improved power and sound.
This X-pipe exhaust system for the Porsche 993 Carrera includes ultra-high performance 200-cell HJS catalytic converters for an impressive weight reduction and phenomenal performance boost. By optimizing air flow, your Carrera will sound and perform even better than it already does. The high quality materials and construction techniques allow for an 8 lb. weight reduction with a performance enhancement of 16 whp and 19 ft/lbs of torque.
Different years of the 993 featured different shaped flanges. Simply select which shape applies to your vehicle from the options drop-down above. Once you have this performance upgrade in your hands, installation is a breeze. Bolt on the X-Pipe in the same way as the original components came off. All of the required hardware and gaskets are included.
Why We Choose HJS Catalytic Converters:
HJS German imported catalytic converters are made from some of the highest grade material you can find in a catalytic converter. This yields high performance gains and longevity so it wont deteriorate over time like lower grade catalytic converters. These catalytic converters flow up to 93-95% of a straight pipe in most applications. The benefit is that you get the "straight pipe sound" while still being able to provide enough emissions scrubbing to prevent a check engine light.
- Fits all Porsche 993 Carrera vehicles (1994-1998)
- Includes German-manufactured 200-cell HJS Sport Catalytic Converters for improved power and sound
- Adds 12 whp and 19 ft-lbs of torque
- Saves 8 lbs from the rear of the vehicle
- Constructed from CNC mandrel-bent T304L stainless steel for maximum quality, performance and durability
- Simply bolt-on installation; no cutting or welding required
- Includes all required hardware and gaskets
- All Fabspeed performance products are backed by the Fabspeed Lifetime Warranty
DISCLAIMER: This product removes the OEM catalytic converters from the vehicle, and as such, is strictly intended for closed track events and off-road use only. This product contains a High-Flow Sport Catalytic Converter solely intended for track and race cars as it is NOT California Air Resources Board Certified and not EPA certified. You are hereby informed and warned to check your local, state, and federals laws before buying and installing these or any aftermarket parts to be sure whether usage is in violation. All installation-risk and use-risk is borne by the end-user and installer of these parts.
- The original factory ball-joint clamps must be re-used when installing Fabspeed exhaust products on all 993 Carrera vehicles.
- The 993 Carrera Sportcat X-Pipe can be ordered with either Bischoff style flanges or Gillet style flanges. Vehicles manufactured from 1994 through mid-1996 require Bischoff style flanges, while vehicles manufactured from mid-1996 through 1998 require Gillet style flanges. Please refer to the below photo and verify on your vehicle before ordering.
Posted by EMB on 23rd Mar 2017
Today we installed the second set of fabspeed scxp, this one had standard stock mufflers. the car really came out sounding fantastic! The sound changed significantly, without going crazy. More subdued than stage I + scxp but still sounded like an awesome machine. little bit of a deeper tone to it.
I got to test drive my car today as well and it was a blast. windows up, cabin noise seemed the same, no droning, plenty quiet to hold a conversation. Anecdotally, it did feel like the RPMs wound up more freely and it sounded great.
This was the 3rd sport cat cross pipe ive installed in about 3 years on 3 different 993s... im always impressed with the workmanship of this product, particularly the fasteners and hardware they include are top notch.
Fitted the x-pies this afternoon
Posted by John Halton on 20th Apr 2016
What a quality product. I'm absolutely delighted. They are beautifully made, fitting them was easy. They sound great and I can feel the power increase.
Posted by John L on 18th Mar 2016
Installed sport cats yesterday to go with fister iiis already on the car.
WOW what an angry noise. Completely different tone from the fister iiis by themselves.
Probably too loud... but going to enjoy terrorizing every tunnel around with the ludicrous noise from downshifts for a month before I look at tamer muffler options.