Fabspeed Motorsport USA Deluxe Bolt-On Tips incorporating a Maxflo true X-pipe design for the Porsche 987 Boxster/Cayman are a quick bolt-on option for upgrading both the look and performance of any and all 987 Boxster Cayman cars worldwide. We want to make sure you make the right decision when purchasing a tip option for your Boxster or Cayman. We’ve been getting a lot of positive feedback from our customers with our dual style tips that incorporate our true X-Pipe design. The Dual style Tips are a DIY installation with four different options that include double wall mirror polished, double wall black ceramic coated, double wall matte carbon fiber, or single-wall brushed stainless steel. These exhaust tips give the extra flair, sports car sound and real added power that will set your Porsche apart.
The Fabspeed Motorsport true X-pipe with tips flows 38% more than any and all Porsche factory OEM H-pipe tips and a massive 62% more than Chinese copycat X-pipes in welded or cast stainless steel. The Chinese cast X-pipes actually decrease exhaust flow by 24% versus the OEM Porsche exhaust tip system.
Get the world's only and finest true Maxflo X-Pipe. See the explanation Video below so you don't make your car perform worse than the OEM Porsche tips. Caveat Emptor!
The factory Porsche AG OEM exhaust tip design sends exhaust gasses directly at each other from each end of the muffler. The exhaust pulses therefore slam into each other and then as pressure builds the exhaust is forced through a harsh 90 degree turn out to exit through the tips. Fabspeed's premium Maxflo X-pipe with dual tips is actually the world's only True X-pipe design. This allows exhaust gases to more efficiently exit the factory mufflers - increasing velocity and smoothing out sound resulting in a solid increase in power and exhaust volume. Equally appealing is the added aesthetic enhancement that our sporty exhaust tips offer and the finish is yours to choose from 4 tip finishes.
OEM / Factory Fabspeed
- Fits all Porsche 981 Boxster/Cayman vehicles (2013-2016) equipped with factory OEM mufflers
- Available in single wall angle cut Brushed Stainless Steel, double wall polished stainless steel, double wall ceramic black coated, matte carbon fiber over stainless steel. Looking to further personalize your tips with custom engraving, just let us know!
- Maxflo true X-pipe comes with all new hardware and Dual tips sized at 4" / 102mm to fill out the bumper opening properly.
- Constructed from T304L stainless steel and / or 100% authentic carbon fiber
- Direct replacement for the factory Porsche OEM T-outlet style tips
- Noticeable improvement in exhaust flow and sound that you'll notice.
- Simple DIY bolt-on installation no cutting or welding required. Only need a 15mm and 13mm socket set to do a simple installation.
- All Fabspeed performance products are backed by the Fabspeed Lifetime Warranty
Very high quality
Posted by Stephen Curley on 5th Jun 2018
More than pleased with the quality and appearance of the chrome exhaust tips. I question the "bolt on" description. I'm usually very handy when it comes to this level of installation but ended up taking it to a custom exhaust shop. Overall very pleased! Great company to do business with.
Posted by Jack B on 16th Nov 2017
Replaced the single 981 tailpipe with the black chrome Fabspeed unit. It looks fantastic and sounds nearly the same as stock. There may be a little less raspiness between PDK shifts in Sport+, but no complaints there. This is a class piece of fabrication and compliments the Cayman's good looks. Our local Porsche exhaust specialist said any DIY installer is a better-than-average mechanic since he had to torch off and replace the stock nuts while removing the right side muffler and pipe.
Good Quality Product
Posted by Unknown on 17th Aug 2016
I installed Carbon Fiber finished duel tips on my 981 to replace the single outlet. It’s a quality product and I installed this in my driveway without stands. You do need to slacken off the muffler support bracket and I used a car jack to apply a little pressure on one of the mufflers to provide some clearance to allow for the tip to slip on and off. Once installed it looks great.